Five Keys to a Great Easter Service
Creaster: a twice-a-year church attendee, generally popping his or her head in on Christmas and Easter, and representative of the greatest area of potential growth in your community.
You see them in the supermarket or the coffee shop, or at your favorite restaurant. Every Easter, across the country, they swarm through your door via some kind of invisible magnetism. And though your heart goes out to those two-services-a-year attendees, it remains so difficult to plug them into your faithful flock. Audio-Video Group knows that it’s not your message—no, that’s been working well for over 2,000 years. Maybe all that’s needed is a better presentation utilizing the most up-to-date technology. Consider these five proven methods this Easter for effective communication with those whom your heart yearns to connect.
1. Connection begins with communication, and the easiest way to do this is to ensure your congregation can clearly hear the message your leadership is putting out in all areas of your space. Investing in a quality sound system is key. AVG knows your space is unique, and our team of tech experts is ready to get to know that space and to fill it with the sublime words and lyrics you’ve so carefully selected.
2. Consider backing up your message by projecting a video feed. Anna Pitts, of howtolearn.com, says, “Using multiple senses allows more cognitive connections and associations to be made with a concept.” By piggybacking your audio with the sense of sight, you can further reinforce your priceless message. How do you do this effectively? AVG’s staff of professionals can recommend equipment and ensure it’s visible from all spots in your space. This equipment can also be used for showing videos, another powerful method of communication.
3. Professional presentation software ensures your finished product is as polished as you are. This is one of the easiest solutions to add to your repertoire because right now so many options are available. Offerings from MediaShout, ProPresenter, and EasyWorship are just three of the various platforms able to be utilized. Beginner-friendly and intuitive, each has its strengths, and AVG’s staff of experts can offer advice and tech support to guide you to the best platform for your congregation’s needs.
4. Connect early and connect often. Ensure there are video projection systems in the lobby that display congregational events and activities in the immediate future. This gives a seeker a “next step” to join you in the upcoming weeks, and reinforces oral announcements. Have a community clean-up coming? A soup kitchen service? Children’s programs? Lay out for your seekers what that next step is and they’ll have a greater likelihood of taking it.
5. Avoid being derailed by “technical difficulties.” Well before your big day, survey your system and update or replace old technology. Times change, and so should your equipment. The best place to start is with industry experts like AVG who can fill you in on what’s changed since your last upgrade. Newer technology means more options for you, and, as they say, variety is the spice of life. If time is an issue, AVG also rents equipment by the day, weekend, and week, with the option of our experts running the system during your services.
For more information on audio and video equipment best for you, contact Audio-Video Group today. Let us help ensure your message connects with those in your community who so desperately need it. Visit www.AudioVideoGroup.com, or call (800) 668-4988 to speak with one of our specialists