Lead Technician and Installer Level 3
Imagine if you could …
… be a part of a growing company where what you do really makes a difference.
… feel appreciated and recognized for your hard work and initiative
… learn, grow, and develop professionally and personally.
We are a growing audio-video business in Frederick, Maryland seeking a Lead Technician & Installer Level 3 who has a “roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes” mentality; loves to be challenged and takes initiative yet thrives in a team-oriented, “got your back” environment; takes pride in “going the extra mile” to serve others while setting and meeting expectations; and seeks to find solutions and overcome problems while working collaboratively with everyone on the team.
If this position is of interest to you please apply by:
- Send us your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
- Format the subject line (First + Last Name Resume_Job Title)
- In your cover letter, provide three examples of how you demonstrate the qualities outlined in the paragraph above
The principle role of the lead technician is to assume ownership of overall project(s) which have been assigned. This ownership pertains to facilitating proper communication between the internal departments, client/end-users, and all relevant trades. The lead technician is required to maintain the project schedule, completion and quality control with the expectation to meet or even exceed AVG’s standards. The lead technician provides constructive direction to installers in a professional manner, and will also lead by example. The act of leading by example requires that the lead technician will perform the onsite work while demonstrating Audio-Video Group’s quality and safety standards. The lead technician will also have a clear understanding of the project and client/end-user’s expectations.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews job folder and documentation in its entirety
- Coordinate salesperson review
- Plan the order of install tasks
- Determine miscellaneous materials such as hardware or specialty items and communicate needs to Supervisor for approval – actual procurement may be delegated to you and/or technicians
- Verify all equipment against printed drawings and project documentation – communicate issues or concerns with Supervisor
- Print and maintain accurate packing lists for all equipment removed from the warehouse
- Delegate and manage tasks to rest of the crew while proactively encouraging teamwork
- Keep a general tally of hours worked toward your project, compare with the amount of work estimated to complete and total estimate hours and alert Supervisor of issues or concerns ASAP
- Arrange sign-off of Completion and Training Form(s) with appropriate client/end-user(s)
- Return the green project folder with as-builts/red-lines, test results, final programming software, sign-off, and any other pertinent documentation to Supervisor
- Complete Truck Inventory Sheets DAILY
- Fulfill appropriate Truck Inventory Sheets from the previous day – DAILY
- Installs and pulls wire as per specifications
- Installs and wires equipment used in systems
- Tests ALL equipment and termination to ensure the performance of the system
- Works in compliance with Company’s safety procedures ensuring safety of self and others at all times
- Completes and turns in all paperwork accurately and on time
- Communicates daily with Supervisor on delays, requirements and general job status
- Interfaces with Supervisor to stage, prepare and pick up equipment, materials and parts for job installation
- Maintains daily logbook ensuring it is up-to-date with customer requests, work performed each day, job numbers, and any other job-related data
- Submits timecards, signed by Supervisor, to the Office Manager by Wednesday at 10:00am. Times cards must be accurate, complete with job numbers, and hours totaled. Expenses must be detailed and receipts must be attached
- Works with Systems Engineer on startup to ensure complete system compliance
- Performs all work to Company’s standards and that quality installation techniques are practiced
- Meets job time estimates. Alerts Supervisor immediately when work is delayed or additional time is anticipated to complete the job
- Alerts Supervisor of client interfaces and detail all client requests in the logbook
- Communicates change orders requests to Supervisor and will not perform change order work without the approval of Supervisor
- Works with Supervisor to ensure complete closeout and turn over of job to the client and/or service department
- Trains client on use of system once installed
- Attends staff meeting on time and be prepared with job installation updates
- Maintains work truck ensuring it is clean, maintained and fully stocked with parts, tools and materials for each day’s work
- Runs service calls and deliver and pick up rentals as requested by Supervisor
- Maintains harmonious relations with staff, clients, and other contacts at all times
The Lead Technician/Installers are accountable to the Systems Engineer. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees, and customers of the company.
The following are the minimum qualifications an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- 6+ years working in the electronic field where AC/DC theory is used, or equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
- Working knowledge of communication systems is desired.
- Proper hand and power tool operations and safety
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to wire and troubleshoot audio-visual systems
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including MS Word, Outlook and Excel
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific date
- Ability to write simple correspondence and present information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Strong customer service and results orientation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to function as an effective team leader and member
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves
- Valid and current driver’s license
- Proven skill in driving vehicles over 10,000 pounds/GVW a plus or willingness to be trained
Local travel within territory and some out of town travel may be required.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching, climbing, and lifting of objects, and operating power tools and office equipment
- Must be comfortable with heights as all size ladders, scaffolding, and man-lifts will be utilized in the performance of duties
- Employees will be required to safely maneuver through areas such as attics, basements, and crawl spaces – some being poorly lit, limited in space, and/or dirty/dusty.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Site work job conditions are similar to typical construction projects.
- Assumes ownership of projects and completes them with efficiency and leadership, while promoting teamwork and proactive thinking.
- Performs all work in accordance with AVG’s quality and safety standards and meets expected timelines.
- Alerts appropriate person(s) immediately of job delays, issues, or concerns.
- Consistently submits all paperwork on time.
- Maintains a daily logbook and includes all job-related information.
- Alerts appropriate person(s) of change order needs. Gains approval before performing work.
- Interface and communication with engineering, operations, sales, and office personnel is professional, timely and consistent.
- Maintains a professional and organized work area, prioritizes work and meets deadlines.
- Stays abreast of industry changes and participates in an industry or skill-related training at least two times each year
- Represents AVG professionally at all times.
- Arrives on time to meetings, comes prepared with information and fully participates.
- Maintains harmonious relations with staff, clients, and other contacts at all times.