Imagine if you could …
… be a part of a growing company where what you do really makes a difference.
… feel appreciated and recognized for your hard work and initiative
… learn, grow, and develop professionally and personally.
We are a growing audio-video business in Frederick, Maryland seeking a Sales Representative who has a “roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes” mentality; loves to be challenged and takes initiative yet thrives in a team-oriented, “got your back” environment; takes pride in “going the extra mile” to serve others while setting and meeting expectations; and seeks to find solutions and overcome problems while working collaboratively with everyone on the team.
If this position is of interest to you please apply by:
- Send us your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Format the subject line (First + Last Name Resume_Job Title)
- In your cover letter, provide three examples of how you demonstrate the qualities outlined in the paragraph above
Markets to prospective buyers of audio and video services. Meets with prospects to understand needs; performs site visits; develops and presents proposals; gains decision on proposed work. Ensure client satisfaction throughout the entire sales and job installation process.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Qualifies caller to ensure a true prospect.
- Sets up an appointment for a face-to-face visit.
- Meets with prospects to identify needs and discuss desired services from AVG.
- Performs site visits for prospective jobs and gathers all pertinent information and data.
- Hold Pre-Proposal Meeting to communicate prospects needs to team and present proposal ideas for the team’s sign-off.
- Submits proposals to prospects and gets a decision to buy or not buy. Gets a signed contract from the buyer along with the deposit.
- Submits the signed contract along with all paperwork to Engineering to initiate Project Preparation.
- Reviews Project Details with Engineering and Project Manager and communicate customer specifications and expectations.
- Introduces the Project Manager to the client.
- Provides sales forecast and activities weekly to Sales Manager/President.
- Develops and commits to an annual Marketing and Sales Plan.
- Provides Office Manager with the client payment schedule.
- Discuss the project status with the Project Manager weekly.
- Interfaces with clients at least once during the job and then after the job is completed to check in on the level of satisfaction.
- Discusses Change Orders with Project Manager and/or communicates with the client to gain approval when requested by the Project Manager.
- Informs production and administration/accounting of any changes that result from conversations with clients.
- Attends weekly production meetings to remain abreast of project status and to inform the production team of any changes to design or specifications.
- Monitors payment schedule and coordinate with accounting the collection of payments in accordance with the established schedule.
- Asks for referrals.
- Ensures client satisfaction throughout the entire sales and job installation process.
The Sales Representative will be accountable to the Sales Manager/President. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees, and customers of the company.
The following are the minimum qualifications an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Associates degree (2 years) or Bachelor degree (4 years)
- Working knowledge of communication systems.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 2+ years of proven sales success in equipment sales or related-field.
- Ability to create new sales opportunities through lead generation efforts.
Local travel within territory and some out of town travel may be required.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Employees are required to stand, walk, sit and use their hands and fingers. Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities are also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Site work job conditions are similar to typical construction projects.
The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate
Site work job conditions are similar to typical office/building settings and construction projects.
- Consistently meets monthly sales goals.
- Performs marketing and sales activities agreed upon in the Marketing and Sales Plan. Reports weekly activities to the Sales Manager.
- Consistently meets pricing and job profitability expectations.
- Utilizes resources effectively during the sales process.
- Informs the office of the daily schedule and stays in touch throughout the day.
- Attends weekly sales meetings and is prepared to review the status of leads, sales opportunities, and open proposals; present proposal design to the team for approval, and discuss/strategize deals.
- Submits accurate, timely and complete paperwork and signed contracts for new jobs.
- Ensures payment for services is collected in accordance with the established payment schedule.
- Responds proactively and takes initiative in resolving client issues.
- Maintains effective and timely communication with Engineering, Operations and Project Management to ensure successful completion of jobs.
- Stays abreast of industry issues and attends at least two industry or sales-related training sessions each year.
- Maintains harmonious relations with staff, clients, outside counsel and other contacts at all times.